One of the most common ways that people are manipulated is through the use of love bombs. These are gifts or actions that seem to be very kind and friendly at first, but over time they can become more and more demanding. You can pop over here if you want to know more about gaslighting in relationships.
Image Source: Google
Here are the signs that you're being loved-bombed or manipulated:
1. You feel like you need your partner to make every decision for you.
2. You feel like you have no control over your own life.
3. You feel like your partner is always right and perfect.
4. You feel like you can't make any mistakes.
5. You feel like you're always the one who has to apologize.
6. You feel like your relationship is all-encompassing and consumes all of your time and energy.
7. You find it difficult to focus on anything else other than your relationship.
8. You've stopped doing things that you used to enjoy because you're too busy with your relationship.
9. It feels like your relationship is more important than anything else in your life.
The person who is being manipulated may begin to feel like they have to do everything that the love bomb person wants them to do. They may also start to feel like they owe this person a lot, even if they don’t really care for them. This can create a lot of feelings of dependency and vulnerability.
The best way to protect yourself from love bombs and emotional manipulation is to be aware of what signs to look for. If you see any of these signs in someone you’re attracted to, it’s important to stay away from them. Don’t let them control your emotions or your behavior.