The majority of construction companies utilize steel frame to build the infrastructure as steel frames offer many advantages. The strength of the building will depend on how strong the building materials are. If you do not know the advantages of steel frame construction, this article can help you.
- Mostly, steel constructions are carried out by certain types of steel called mild steel, which is a material that is strong and durable. For the construction of the building, this type of steel is a good choice.
- Flexibility is another great feature or quality of steel frames. You can bend without cracking it. A steel building flexes in case of heavy wind or earthquake.
- Because they are known for their plasticity or ductility, many construction companies use them. This frame does not break like glass. Instead, it will only bend slowly taking new forms.
- Steel buildings tend to bend out of shape or deform giving the inhabitants enough time to evacuate. Steel framed buildings don't collapse and can take the jolts of earthquakes giving the residents more protection.
Where to Use Steel Frames
Now, let us discuss the application of the steel frame. Because steel is durable, used in various types of building construction. Some uses are given below:
- It is used in the construction of high-rise buildings because of low weight and steel strength. In addition, construction work can be done quickly with steel.
- It is a good choice for building warehouses and industrial buildings as it can create a large space and costs less money.
- Steel is ideal for building a temporary structure because it is easy to set up and remove.
- Residential buildings are also constructed with steel because of its light gauge.